Welcome to Made in a Day!
This page is set up to show you simple, quick, easy sewing projects that could be 'made in a day'!
All things being considered like family and work commitments, if you had a day just to sew for yourself or your treasured grandchild, you'll find projects on this page that will fill the bill.
From time to time I will offer quick, easy and fun sewing projects. The instructions might originate from the SFD kit instruction books, or perhaps one of our Fashion Leaflets, one of the SFD designing books (Pants that Mix 'n Multiply, Beyond Bodice Basics or Sew Sensational Shirts), or perhaps from one of our videos. Each project will have some type of information giving you either designing tips or sewing construction details...or perhaps both.
Make sure you check back regularly as new projects are added. And please feel free to share your Made in a Day results by emailing to email@example.com.
PS... a new, fun top, easy to design & sew in a day is headed your way!! Watch the Sept/October blogs for it to appear.
Here are some projects to get you started.
1. Color-blocked T-Shirt - With the T-Shirt directions below, it's super easy to draw a color-blocked T-Shirt pattern. Draw this in one day...sew it the next day. Click Here for this latest downloadable Fashion Leaflet.
2. T-Shirt Tactics - Here's a quick and easy designing leaflet that shows you how to remove the bust dart from the SFD Dress Kit bodice with the result being a well-fitting T-Shirt fit (as well as it can fit without the bust dart). Please Click Here. The .pdf leaflet is totally complimentary.
3. Cap Sleeve Top with Single Neck Pleat - designed from your SFD Dress Kit, it's easy to draw and even easier to sew. It's the newest downloadable Fashion Leaflet. Please Click Here.
4. Pajama/Lounge Pants - comfortable, no side seam. Instructions are found in the Children's Kit, but if you don't already have it, make sure to watch these video instructions. For instructions, please click on this link:
For whatever reason, Blogger isn't letting me show you the video directly from this page but here's a photo.
5. Tank Tops with your SFD Dress Kit - summer is here, make sure you're ready!
You'll find the downloadable Tank Top instructions on this page - Click Here
6. Yoga/Travel/Comfort Pants using your SFD pants pattern and the instructions from Pants that Mix n Multiply.
7. Crossover Shoulder T-Shirt using your SFD Shirt Kit pattern and designing/sewing instructions from Sew Sensational Shirts. This is also the same T-shirt as the pink one I'm wearing in the above photo with the Yoga pants.
8. Copy Cat Tunic taken from your SFD Dress Kit bodice pattern and the downloadable Fashion Leaflet directions for designing and sewing it all together. Click here for the Fashion Leaflet.
9. Leggings. Team your pants pattern up with this Fashion Leaflet (download format only) and see how to size down for extremely stretchy leggings fabric. Draw different legs widths - either totally snug to your ankle or flared as the instructions will tell you. P.S. Have you noticed that leggings are literally everywhere? Patterned fabric in all kinds of colors and designs brightly adorn our legs. The fabric I've used in the photo below is a paisley 4-way stretch and are extremely comfortable.
10. 3-in-1...1. Pull-on Pants - just straight out of your SFD Pants Kit instruction book - see page 24 for waist edge and elastic details.
10.2. The black tank top I'm wearing is directly from the general tank top instructions on the downloadable Fashion Leaflet - super quick.
10.3. It's covered up with the Diagonal Hemmed Cardigan from Beyond Bodice Basics. This jacket might take a little more than a day...but not much.
To watch a short video on drawing pull-on elastic waist pants, please see this short video. Blogger isn't cooperating to place the video directly on this page, so just click on this link - it will take you directly to YouTube.
11. Wrap Belt with Velcro Closure.
Wrap Belt with Velcro Closure
12. Skinny, cropped leg Pants.
All the details for these skinny, cropped leg pants are found in this blog dated 4-19-16. Enjoy!
13. Asymmetrical hemmed Blouse/Top.
All the details for this summery top are found in this blog - http://surefitdesigns.blogspot.com/2016/07/love-my-summery-top.html
14. Comfy Yoga Top
All details for this warm and comfy yoga top are found in this blog - http://surefitdesigns.blogspot.com/2016/08/love-my-yoga-class-but.html