Nov 1, 2021

'V' Shoulder point...No No No! How to fix your pattern by Sure-Fit Designs™

Is this your body shape?  Do you have narrow shoulder going into a full bust?  If so, you may have ended up with a 'V' shape as you've drawn the armscye at the shoulder line as you've transition toward your fuller bust circumference.  This video shows you the issue, how to recognize it and how to solve the nagging 'V'.

Happy Sewing & Fitting!

Glenda the Good Stitch

Sure-Fit Designs

www.surefitdesigns.com

3 comments:

  1. This is so helpful. I bought a Surefit design kit in the late 1980s, before I knew much about fitting. This is exactly one of the problems caused by my non standard proportions that led me to give up on it (wide back, narrow front chest, G/H cup size, large arm socket and even bigger bicep). With several decades of figuring out my fit issues, your tips are exactly what I need to do with any adjustments, and encourage me to have another go with your system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this video, Glenda! I have not gotten back to my bodice blueprint yet, though I did already make a muslin (which needs fine-tuning in the bust dart and the elbow dart, but maybe is ok in the sleeve area after your previous email help). I used the 'large armhole' stylus to help draw the armhole curves, since my bust is 44 inches. Love your example--I also like that little t-square tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda, the text at the end of this very informative video states that this may affect the sleeve cap. I'm guessing you would need to walk your sleeve cap along the armscye seam line to see if it would fit and perhaps alter it accordingly. Do you have a video that shows this?
    Love your SureFitDesigns concept!

    ReplyDelete