Jul 16, 2012

Rebecca Revisits Her First Failed Sewing Project


I was digging thru my pile of "this doesn't fit - I messed it up" stack of failed experiences and I came upon my first sewing project which I attempted from a Cindy Crawford sewing pattern.  I pulled out the pattern and laid out my messed-up blouse.

NO WONDER I messed this up. Clearly this pattern calls for a stretch knit and I sewed my failed attempt in a tightly woven cotton.  Not to mention that the pattern just does not fit me at all.

Thanks to Glenda and Sure-Fit Designs I have a perfectly fitting body blueprint Bodice which I have drawn from the Dress Kit and with sleeves that fit my large arms.

Of course I still don't know anything about sewing with stretch fabrics, but this too will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment