Feb 26, 2012

Carolyn's Shirtwaist Style Dress

Carolyn"s Sewing Room: Sure-Fit Designs Dress Kit - Shirtwaist Style Dress

After you get your muslin the way you want it, you can draft your own patterns or use your sloper to alter existing patterns. My first effort was this shirtwaist style dress pictured here. I included a mandarin collar and front and back yoke. I moved the bust dart to the top and gathered it to the yoke. I also made gathers at the back yoke. Then, I made it a drawstring waist. Taking an idea from Hot Patterns, I elasticized the drawstrings for 2/3's length and added fabric ties for the rest.

I received Sure Fit Designs as a Birthday present and love it! I currently have plans for another shirt dress, but changing the design elements to create three different sheath dresses.

Excellent work - Carolyn...and thanks so much for sharing.

Kindly, Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment