Apr 17, 2012

Successful Slinky T-Shirt

Everyone is always asking 'Should I use the Dress Kit or Shirt Kit to sew a T-shirt?'  To answer this question, I've devoted a page to the answer in the new SFD Learning Center.  Just click through to T-Shirt Design - Which kit to use?  You'll see an example of T-shirts sewn with both the Dress Kit and Shirt Kit and you'll be able to see the different results that the 2 patterns give.

Additionally you'll see Joy's Successful Slinky V-neck version.  She's transferred the bust dart down into the lower side seam (a French dart variation).  There's also a video you can watch on moving the dart to the lower side seam position and how to perfect the cutting line.  Since her dart is wider than the bust dart example that I showed in the video, she removed some of the 'internal' space between the dart legs...which is perfectly fine to do.  It's the next photo after the video shown here.

Joy points out the lower side seam dart with the green line and she comments, 'The French dart is really straight, but I am pulling a bend in it from the way I am standing.  I want to make some more of these.  SO, SO comfortable.  Maybe I'll try a ruffle around the v-neck on the next one.'

Thanks so much for sharing, Joy - excellent work and such pretty fabric!

PS. To see Joy's entire blog comments, go to: Joyful Expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment