Sep 4, 2012

Sew September! National Sewing Month

September is National Sewing Month (in the USA).  I thought it might be a nice idea to brainstorm with you as to why you sew.  I'll start the list and I invite you to add your comments and reasons why you sew.
  • Sew because nothing fits to your liking in R-T-W.
  • Sew because it provides you a creative outlet.
  • Sew for the fun of it.
  • Sew because you love it.
  • Sew for fellowship.
  • Sew for inspiration.
  • Sew for style.
  • Sew for comfort.
  • Sew for unique, distinctive clothing.
  • Sew for quality construction.
  • Just sew...because you can!
Please feel free to add your comments.
Kindly,
Glenda

9 comments:

  1. Yikes! I couldn't make out the secret word, so I clicked on the sound icon. I like to NEVER have turned it off! I spelled 4 words, but none were right. I'll try again.

    Sew because you love fabric that isn't available in RTW.

    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew for modesty. Thanks, Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew because I can't imagine not sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew because it makes your heart surge with the joy of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I replied to this topic the other day, but my comment doesn't seem to have shown up.

    I sew because, unlike housework, when it's done, it's done. I like the sense of accomplishment that completing a project gives me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sew as it feels I have a connection to all the women who came before me and all the women to come. I sew because I love the smell of the new fabrics. I sew because an untried by me pattern is a mystery better than any book and fabric is anything I can imagine it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Sew September in Australia too Glenda!

    Sew for the art and the science! (It is a creative outlet but also it makes me think!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sew for the future. To avoid the buy-cheap-then-throw-in-the-ever-increasing-landfills garments. To not contribute any more than necessary to the exploitation of 3rd-world country workers. And to demonstrate to my grandchildren that this is all possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sew for many reasons: Creating something unique, enjoy the challenge, the love of fabrics, for a creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete